GHOST HAMPTON - BOOK CLUB QUESTIONS
GOT A BOOK CLUB? TRY ON SOME DISCUSSION POINTS…
- The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Vinyl – are antiheros more fun?
- Lyle Hall has lived most of his life as a modern-day Scrooge but, following a near-death experience, he’s seen the light and is trying to turn over a new leaf. But his neighbors are conditioned to believe he’s still a despicable person. What can he do?
- Does Lyle have a “Tiny Tim”? How about a Bob Cratchit?
- What about Lyle’s view of the opposite sex? Should readers be afforded glimpses of how his mind works?
- How did the road work on Montauk Highway, and the detour it caused, connect with Lyle’s accident one year prior?
- How crucial is “Augie’s Doggie” to Lyle’s story?
- Gertie the luncheonette lade had never been in a court case vs. Lyle. Why would she be so rude to him?
- Why wouldn’t Georgie tell her father she and Big Frank are in a relationship?
- Why does Lyle always have china place settings out after Glen visits his kitchen?
- What else is Fr. Matteo Xerri hiding? Anything?
- Is it important that Sgt. Frank spends time talking about condoms with Det. Hall?
- Where is Chantale Benoit?
- Should any civil employee make up an alibi for Lyle’s dangerous activities at the story’s climax?